"The heartfelt care and understanding I received from my initial visit with Kiné was far beyond what I expected. She takes the time to listen to my concerns and needs and has been a huge comfort to me. 2 months of treatments and I'm finally pregnant again!"
Kiné and Morgan have advanced education and training working with fertility challenges. Whether you are seeking acupuncture and herbs to enhance fertility naturally or using acupuncture as an complementary therapy to increase the success rates of IVF or IUI, both Kiné and Morgan have years of clinical experience in fertility and pregnancy care as their specialty. Willow Tree Wellness works closely with OHSU and Oregon Reproductive Medicine clinics offering preconception acupuncture treatments in the weeks prior to their patient’s IUI and IVF appointments to prepare women’s bodies for healthy implantation and on the day of embryo transfers to increase the success rates of Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
Traditional Chinese medicine has a long history of treating women’s health problems, with texts from 200 BC describing medicinal plants to treat infertility. Today Traditional Chinese medicine specialists have adapted and incorporated these traditional applications into modern fertility treatment.
This has resulted in clinical feed back and research showing that acupuncture significantly enhances fertility. You can view the actual medical research abstracts on our Resources and Links page.
This research has included:
- The effect of acupuncture in increasing pregnancy rates when used prior to and post embryo replacement
- The effect of acupuncture in increasing blood supply to the uterus and ovaries
- The effect of acupuncture in regulating hormones directly involved in follicle development and implantation
- The effect of acupuncture in increasing sperm motility and reducing the presence of abnormal sperm
- A very comprehensive list of medical research has been compiled by one of my teacher’s, Jane Lyttleton and can be found here.
How Chinese medicine notably enhances fertile health :
- Balances hormonal cycles to aid in conception
- Improves fertile cervical mucous
- Improves ovarian function; encourages production of follicles; enhances quality
- Improves blood flow to ovaries and uterus
- Reduces miscarriages
- Enhances immune system
- Lessens uterine contractions after embryo transfer
- Improves thickness of uterine wall lining
- Lessens side effects of medications
- Improves sperm parameters (takes 3 mos.)
- Improves quality of oocytes (takes 3 mos.)
In a study where acupuncture was used during IVF at the time of embryo implantation the result was a significantly higher viable pregnancy rate. (Fertility and Sterility 74(4):721-72). In this study 160 women undergoing IVF were monitored. The success rate in the acupuncture group was 42.5% compared to a 26.3% success rate in the group of women that did not receive acupuncture.
Women’s Health Conditions Treated Effectively with Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine :